Monday, May 19, 2008

Don't you just hate blackouts?

Power outages, ugh!Just thinking about it makes me angry. Having power outages means, no television, no aircon, no computer, and no light. I'm sure all of us experienced a time where it just became pitch black. Now a days most of us rely on electricty, imagine a world without it. "TOTAL CHAOS!" Blackouts can occur any time, even if you pay your electricity bill monthly it will happen. Sometimes an accident would occur like the the power pole falling down or we just don't have enough money for fuel. I hate power outages and I'm sure you hate it to.

Saipan has had so many power outages till today.As citizens on the island of Saipan, my family and I have tried experiencing a time of darkness. I remembered a time when there was no power for about two weeks, that was about two years ago. That outage was long enough to make me think the power was going to be off forever.It wasn't that bad I admitt, yes you can survive, but it wasn't the most pleasant either. It was hot most of the time and we were considered lucky when it rains so we can get water.

The first week without power was the worst week ever! I remembered having to sit outside all the time to feel the fresh breeze so I can cool off, and times where the heat would get to me and I would get so mad because it's hot and sometimes there wouldn't be any wind at all.Having no power also means no movie theaters and no Saturday bowling. I love watching movies, my weekend plans are usually t go to the movies with my friends and go bowling with the family on Saturdays. A lot of the major fun things I do need electricity,so having power outages makes me unable to do what I love to do. My weekends suck without power, my week days seem longer which was the most boring time of my life!If you went through what I experienced you would feel the same I felt.

There will be more power outages to come so it's better to get ready for it now. What you want to do is get a generator. If you can't afford it, well try and save up for one. Having to save up for one will be worth it at the end, think of it do you want to go another sleepness night because no aircon, do you want to spend another boring hot day, or do you want to stay cool and watch tv with the family? The choice is yours, my family and I choose to stay cool and watch television.So get your candles ready and start saving,because I'm sure none of us want to go through another blackout again!

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Looks good and it's well written. Great job!

Devin L. said...

Nice work! Though I think you made some grammar problems.

SML =) fly high =) said...

Wow, I really really like your essay your title is attractive and writings, too. it makes me read more and more.
Nice job!

Lira said...

essay looks so good~~~~~~~z
hehe
keep it up~

jove said...

You are really good in writting. I have nothing to correct. And i have a generator, but the problem is the gas is expensive. We are thinking of just depending on generator, because you know how the power is so expensive. And we aren't home until like 6 so I think we should depend on generator. One gallon can last for four hours. And we can just use the generator for 13 hours. I like how you brought the idea of buying a generator. Again your writing is very good.

JAGA WAKEEZ said...

Your writing is interesting. It makes me want to read more. And you are right about the sitiuaton.