Thursday, May 8, 2008

To be or not to be?


My teacher assigned a group of students in my class a group project and I happened to be one of them. As soon as he passed us the assignment I scanned through the pages and I was shocked to see that I didn't know the answers to almost all of the 50 questions that were being asked. Many of the questions being asked in the assignment had me wondering weather or not what I read in our news today about the world is TRUE or FALSE?

For example, did you know that there is an idea that Shakespeare, famous poet/play writer, might not be the famous poet writer that you thought he was? I didn't. This happened to be one of the questions that caught my attention. What I found out was that he wasn't the one writing his poetry and plays. He took the credit of someone else's work. This could probably be true but there is no documentation or proof of any kind to know if whether or not he wrote what they say he wrote. This questions my authority to be a fan of his or a hater to his so- called work.

There was many topics besides this one that was interesting but the reason for me explaining this specific topic was because it still amazes me to find out about the most famous poet that I know. You would be shocked to find information like this.

By doing this project it gave me a great opportunity to learn more about our world than what I already knew. I could honestly say yes it was overwhelming with all the research and reading but in the end it was worth it. I learned more than I've learned throughtout my whole first year in high school by donig this one project.

5 comments:

mercylyn p said...

While reading your essay, I found it interesting to know about Shakespeare. Well done.

Jeff said...

Give those links a name instead of publishing the addresses.

SML =) fly high =) said...

I like your essay and it is interesting to know about Shakespear.....
(I'm Semi from 3rd period)

Lira said...

this question is interest to me,but also hard....

Zero Hero said...

Well done. You had a lot to say. You've done a good job about Shakespeare.